CALENDAR FOR JULY 18
• Preschool storytime will be held from 10–11 a.m. at the Harnett County Public Library, 601 N. Main St., Lillington, for ages 3-5; participants are encouraged to bring show-and-tell items. The library will then host “The Falconer” from 2-3 p.m., allowing attendees to get up close and learn interesting facts about these birds; followed by the Teen-Formers summer reading program, for ages 13-18, from 6-7 p.m.
• The Carolina Mountain Dulcimers will meet at 7 p.m. at the Carol Woods Retirement Community in Chapel Hill. Beginners, experts and all stringed instruments are welcome. For more information and directions, contact Shirley Ray at ShirleyRay@aol.com or (919) 929-5359.
• A Sanford Area Chamber of Commerce AM Buzz event will be held at 7:30 p.m. at the Neurology & Pain Management Center, 1212 Central Drive, Suite 101, Sanford. The event will feature door prizes, a 50/50 raffle, coffee and breakfast.
• The Moore County Law Enforcement Officers Association will hold a fundraiser with Chili’s from 4-9 p.m. Anyone who visits Chili’s during these times and drops their receipt in the box, Chili’s will then donate 10 percent of the total bill to the Moore County Law Enforcement Officers Association. The organization provides support to several other nonprofit organizations within the county, such as the Cameron Boys Camp and Camp Duncan in Aberdeen, as well as a scholarship program for law enforcement officers wanting a college education and support for officers facing difficult times. The organization also provides a training facility for law enforcement agencies within Moore County.
• Downtown Sanford Inc. will present the Function at the Junction Summer Concert Series at 7 p.m. every Thursday through September at Depot Park in downtown Sanford. Patrons can bring lawn chairs, blankets and a picnic supper to these free outdoor concerts. Tonight, ABC will perform. For more information, call (919) 775-8332 or contact email@example.com.
• The Lee County Library's Summer Reading Program will present “Dig Into Chinese Culture,” featuring Ling Huang from CCCC, at 2 p.m. at the main branch on Hawkins Avenue. The program is tailored toward children in grades 4-6.
• A newborn care class, designed to educate parents on the physical care of the newborn, development needs of the young infant and adjustment to parenthood, will be held at 6:30 p.m. in the community classroom at Central Carolina Community College, 1135 Carthage St., Sanford. To register, go to http://www.centralcarolinahosp.com/en-US/CWSApps/FindAnEvent.aspx?ClassLink=1863.
• The Third Friday Artwalk will be held from 6-9 p.m. in downtown Siler City. Shops and galleries stay open late while live music plays in the courtyard.
• A blood drive will be held from 2:30-7 p.m. at the Walmart at 3310 N. C. Highway 87 South, Sanford. To sign up or learn more, visit www.redcrossblood.org or call 800-RED-CROSS.
• Derek Olds will be live in concert shooting a music video at 7 p.m. at Brick City Church, 1408 Burns Drive, Sanford. Tickets are $3 pre-sale and $5 at the door. Space is limited.
• The first annual Christmas in July craft and vendor show will be held from 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at B.T. Bullock Elementary, 1410 McNeill Road, Sanford. Each person attending (age 18 and above) will receive one free ticket for prizes, and additional tickets can be bought for $1 each or six for $5; drawings for vendor prizes will be held every hour.
• Christian Provision Health Ministry will present a Health and Youth Services Fair from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at 2300 Courtland Drive, Sanford, featuring exhibitors and activities, free sports physicals and the seasoned saints annual walk-a-thon.
• A Goldston Cruz-N will be held at 4 p.m. in downtown Goldston, exit 159 on Highway 421 between Sanford and Siler City. Classic and antique cars and trucks are welcome; attendees can come visit, show off their hot rods and remember the good ole' days gone by. Concessions will be available from the local scouts, and music will be from the oldie/goldie era. There will also be a 50/50 raffle, with a drawing at 7 p.m. Door prize drawings will also be held at 7 p.m. for participants bringing classic vehicles. The cruz continues through October. For more information, contact Bruce Denkins at (919) 898-4937 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Goldston Lions Club invites the public to its third annual flapjack fundraiser from 7-10 a.m. at the Applebee's located at 1325 Plaza Blvd., Sanford. All proceeds benefit the blind and visually impaired in the local community and other projects in the Goldston area. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased from any Goldston Lions member or on the day of the event at the door. The meal consists of pancakes, sausage, drink (coffee, tea, juice, milk or soft drink).
• The Antique Dealers of Cameron's annual “summer sizzler” sale will be held from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. This is a big clearance sale for all shops in Cameron. To learn more, call (910) 245-3020 or (910) 245-3055, or visit www.antiquesofcameron.com.
• National Night Out was created to be a night of unity and fellowship among neighbors and communities. However, many cities — including Sanford — want to carry the idea of NNO throughout the year. A 'Play It Safe' Family Safety Day will be held today from 9-11 a.m. at Spring Lane Cinemas on Douglas Drive. Bring the family out to learn how to walk, ride, and bike safely. The event features the following experts: Storm Endurance Sports, Carolina Animal Rescue & Adoption, Ammons Chiropractic Clinic, Sanford Fire Department and the Sanford Police Department.