CALENDAR FOR JULY 25
• A big finish performance for the Lee County Library's Summer Reading Program will be held at 2 p.m., featuring storyteller Ron Jones, in the First Presbyterian Church Old Fellowship Hall next to the main library in Sanford.
• Preschool storytime will be held from 10 –11 a.m. at Harnett County Public Library, 601 N. Main St., Lillington, for ages 3-5, followed by master storyteller and educational entertainer Tim Sonefelt from 2-3 p.m. and Teen-Formers summer reading program for ages 13-18 from 6–7 p.m.
• Wake Radiology is offering free mammograms for uninsured women on a first-come, first-served basis at the Wake Radiology Women's Imaging Center at 1101 Grace Park Drive in Morrisville. To schedule, call Karan Tremoulis at (919) 788-7887.
• The Broadway Lions Club will meet from 6:30–7:30 p.m. at Feedmeal Restaurant.
• The Lee County Library's Summer Reading Program will present “Dig Into the Past” at 2 p.m. at the main branch on Hawkins Avenue. The program is tailored toward children in grades 4-6.
• The 2013 Temple Theatre Summer Youth Conservatory will present “Ella” at 7 p.m. at 120 Carthage St., Sanford. Homecoming week has arrived at Seymour High. Ella Cinders desperately wants to make it to the big dance. Of course, her stepmother is conspiring against her and she doesn't have a date. With the help of The Glitter Girls, can Ella make it to the dance? Will homecoming king and leader of the Golden Boys, Zach Prince, notice? Tickets are $6 for children, $12 for adults. To order tickets or learn more, visit www.templeshows.com or call the box office at (919) 774-4155 Monday through Friday from 2-6 p.m.
• A fun day will be held from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Ole Gilliam Park off of Highway 42 on the outskirts of Sanford. The event is free and will feature bounce houses, food and vendors.
• A “hummingbird day” event, with hummingbird expert Susan Campbell, will be held from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Big Bloomers Flower Farm, 275 Pressly Foushee Road, Sanford. Campbell will capture, band and release hummingbirds while visitors watch, and instructional information will be provided all day long. Guests will learn how to attract and keep hummingbirds in their yards, and Lee County master gardener volunteers will be on hand to answer gardening questions and problems (please bring any specimens in Ziploc bags).
• The Sanford Farmers Market will be held from 9 a.m.-noon at Depot Park, 106 Charlotte Ave. in downtown Sanford. Patrons can purchase locally grown, seasonal fresh fruits, vegetables and other produce. For further information about buying or selling at the market, please call Sue Buie at (919) 356-3007, email DonnaBuie@aol.com or see www.facebook.com/pages/Sanford-Farmers-Market/219549214730985.
• Traditional acoustic music will be performed from 7-9 p.m. in the sanctuary of St. Bartholomew's Church at 204 W. Salisbury St., Pittsboro, with Sue Wilson, Betsy Kraus, Ken Kolodner and son Brad. Music will be performed on hammered dulcimer, fiddle, banjo, guitar, concertina and hammered mbira, as well as some vocals and lots of fun. A portion of the proceeds will go to St. Bartholomew's. Ticket price is $17 in advance, $20 at the door. Email email@example.com or telephone (919) 542-5854 to learn more.
• The Deliverance Church of Christ will be host a flapjack fundraiser from 7:30-10 a.m. at Applebee's, located at 1325 Plaza Blvd., Sanford. All proceeds raised will go toward the Women's and Children's Ministry. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased at the door or by calling (919) 799-9468.
• The Chatham County Animal Shelter will hold its first-ever special adoption event from 8 a.m.-noon at 725 County Landfill Road in Pittsboro. All adoption fees will be reduced to $20 for that day only. The goal for the day is to get at least half of the animals in the shelter placed into forever homes. For more information, please call (919) 542-7203.
• The Exchange Club of Sanford’s annual parent-child golf tournament will be held at Sanford Municipal Golf Course, with superball starts at 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and lunch at 11:30 a.m. The entry fee is $45 per player. To register, call (919) 775-8320 (SMGC). In addition to flight championships, prizes will be awarded for closest to hole, longest drive and more.
• The 2013 Temple Theatre Summer Youth Conservatory will present “Ella” at 2 and 7 p.m. at 120 Carthage St., Sanford. Tickets are $6 for children, $12 for adults. To order tickets or learn more, visit www.templeshows.com or call the box office at (919) 774-4155 Monday through Friday from 2-6 p.m.
• The Rooster's wife will present multi-instrumentalist Tim Carter, who will be joined by Nashville veterans Tim May, Barbara Lamb and Matt Flinner, at 6 p.m. (doors open) at the listening room of Poplar Knight Spot — 114 Knight St. in downtown Aberdeen. The venue seats 110, with additional seating under the awning and under the stars. Tickets may be purchased online at theroosterswife.org, or at the door if still available.
• The 2013 Temple Theatre Summer Youth Conservatory will present “Ella” at 2 p.m. at 120 Carthage St., Sanford. Tickets are $6 for children, $12 for adults. To order tickets or learn more, visit www.templeshows.com or call the box office at (919) 774-4155 Monday through Friday from 2-6 p.m.