CALENDAR FOR SEPT. 12
• A Small Business Center seminar titled “Financing Your Existing or Prospective Small Business” will be held from 6-8 p.m. at the Dennis A. Wicker Center, 1801 Nash St., Sanford. Participants will learn what they need to know to make the financing application process go smoothly and get a "yes" from the bank. To learn more, call Kelly Dehring at Central Carolina SBC at (919) 774-6442 or email email@example.com. Register at www.dawcc.com/calendar.cfm.
• In the theme of “Red, White & Blue,” The Fresh Market of Southern Pines will close its doors for one night only for a special wine gala from 7:30-9:30 p.m. at 155 Beverly Lane, Southern Pines Tickets are $25 per person, and 100 percent of the proceeds will support the Arts Council of Moore County. Tickets are available at the Arts Council’s offices (Campbell House, 482 E. Connecticut Ave., Southern Pines) or at The Fresh Market of Southern Pines. Space is limited.
• A “Chamber Membership 101” new membership orientation will be held at 11:45 a.m. at the Sanford Area Chamber of Commerce, located at 211 S. Steele St., Sanford. Call (919) 775-7341 or see www.sanford-nc.com to learn more.
• A Grancare luncheon will be held at noon at the Enrichment Center of Lee County. This group is for grandparents and other relatives raising grandchildren, allowing them to connect with others in the same situation. Those who would like to reserve lunch can call Judi at (919) 776-0501 x 2230.
• The Sanford-Lee County Stroke Support Group will meet at 1 p.m. at Sanford Health and Rehabilitation (special location for this month only), 2102 Farrell Road, Sanford. The topic will be “Rehabilitation for Stroke,” with speaker Angela Lipscomb-Hudson, psyiatrist (doctor of physical medicine and rehabilitation). Contact facilitator Joy Phillips Murphy through the Enrichment Center of Lee County at (919) 776-0501 x 2230 for more information or to confirm attendance. Those affected by stroke are invited to join other stroke survivors, caregivers and loved ones who understand what they are going through.
• Gates open at 4:30 p.m. at the 76th Lee Regional Fair, which runs through Sept. 15 at the Lions Club Fairgrounds on Colon Road in Sanford. Admission is $5 (children under 36 inches tall admitted free). Carnival ride bracelets are $17 for all rides, or attendees can pay by the ride. See www.sanfordlionsclub.com to learn more.
• The Temple Theatre will present “The Music Man” at 2 and 7 p.m. at 120 Carthage St., Sanford; the show continues through Sept. 29. Meredith Willson's Broadway classic features a nostalgic score of marches, quartets, and ballads that have become popular standards. “The Music Man” follows a fast-talking traveling salesman as he cons a small town into buying equipment for a marching band he vows to organize. His plan to skip town is foiled when he falls in love. Tickets are $23 for general admission; $19 for Thursday night shows, Lee County educators, military or groups of 10 or more; and $13 for children. To purchase tickets, see www.templeshows.com or call the box office at (919) 774-4155.
• “Business Before Hours” will be held from 8-9:30 a.m. at Central Carolina Community College, Siler City Center, 400 Progress Blvd., Room 230, Siler City. A continental breakfast will be provided by CCCC's Culinary Arts Natural Chef program. Call (919) 742-3333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
• Downtown Sanford Inc. will present the Function at the Junction Summer Concert Series at 7 p.m. every Thursday through September at Depot Park in downtown Sanford. Patrons can bring lawn chairs, blankets and a picnic supper to these free outdoor concerts. Tonight, Heart of Carolina Jazz Orchestra will perform. For more information, call (919) 775-8332 or contact email@example.com.
• A Covenant Preparatory School open house will be held at 7 p.m. at New Covenant Fellowship Church, 1305 Hulsey Road, Carthage. Those interested in finding out more can visit www.covenantprep.com, contact Kristin at (910) 673-1025 or (201) 417-0481, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The school is now enrolling grades K-12. School is scheduled to open in fall 2013.
• The Carolina Artists' Colony will celebrate its second anniversary with a party from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at 148 S. Moore St., Sanford. Those who drop by can enjoy a slice of cake, a glass of wine and visit with artists. Throughout the evening, the Colony will have free giveaways of creations donated by artists and crafters. Call (919) 776-3489 to learn more.
• A flu vaccination clinic will be held from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Enrichment Center of Lee County. It will be offered by Brick City Primary Care. Participants should bring their Medicare cards. Registration is required. Call (919) 776-0501 x 2201 to learn more.
• The Temple Theatre will present “The Music Man” at 8 p.m. at 120 Carthage St., Sanford; the show continues through Sept. 29. Tickets are $23 for general admission; $19 for Thursday night shows, Lee County educators, military or groups of 10 or more; and $13 for children. To purchase tickets, see www.templeshows.com or call the box office at (919) 774-4155.
• Gates open at 4:30 p.m. at the 76th Lee Regional Fair, which runs through Sept. 15 at the Lions Club Fairgrounds on Colon Road in Sanford. Admission is $7 (children under 36 inches tall admitted free). Carnival ride bracelets are $20 for all rides, or attendees can pay by the ride. See www.sanfordlionsclub.com to learn more.