Actions taken during Monday Commission Meeting
Jan. 08, 2013 @ 11:42 AM
These are the actions taken during the Lee County Board of Commissioners' meeting Monday. Additional details and information will be available in Wednesday's edition of The Herald.
- Commissioners approved a resolution swearing in Andre Knecht as the newest commission member.
- In a 4-to-3 vote, Commissioners Charlie Parks, Kirk Smith, Jim Womack and Knecht voted to disband the Environmental Affairs Board in favor of an Environmental Review and Advisory Committee. A motion to make ERAC a sub-committee of the Environmental Affairs Board failed with Commissioners Ricky Frazier, Amy Dalrymple and Robert Reives voting for the motion.
- An appropriations request from Lee County School Superintendent Jeff Moss for additional security equipment was tabled in favor of a joint meeting between representatives from the commissioners, Lee County Board of Education and Lee County Sheriff's Office to discuss a holistic approach to school safety.
- After a presentation on developing a Lee County Economic Strategic Plan, the board of commissioners agreed to meet on Jan. 16 to "facilitate a discussion on economic development priorities" and to hold an economic summit for all Lee County stakeholders on March 1.
- The Lee County Board of Commissioners voted to meet with the Town of Broadway Board of Commissioners, per Broadway's request, in early February.