Hoops for Hope set for Monday at Lee Christian
Lee Christian School will give its Second Annual Hoops for Hope Night a second shot Monday with a quadruple-header of basketball tipping off at 3:30 p.m.
Gate proceeds, concessions and money raised from special events during the night will go to the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Last year's Hoops for Hope combined with Lee Christian's team at Relay for Life raised more than $3,500.
There will be a silent auction and players will be wearing pink warm-up shirts with the t-shirts available to purchase during Thursday night's games.
The centerpiece of the night is a survivor's recognition ceremony which will be between the varsity games. The girls' varsity game is slated for 6 p.m. and the boys' game will tip around 7:30 p.m.
The games, against visiting Carolina Christian Conference mate Crossroads Christian, were originally scheduled for Jan. 17.
Friday's winter weather forced many basketball postponements around the region. Lee Christian's home games against Wayne Christian were postponed and there's no make-up date yet.
Cresset Christian at Grace Christian was moved from Friday to Monday with the varsity games set for 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Southern Lee's home Cape Fear Valley contests against Western Harnett were postponed from Friday to Wednesday at 6:30 and 8 p.m.
Lee County had Tri-9 games against Middle Creek moved from Friday to Wednesday. The Jackets will host Middle Creek at 7 p.m. while the Lady Jackets travel to Middle Creek for a 7 p.m. start.
More basketball postponements and changes around the area include:
- The games are doubleheaders with the girls varsity game starting at 6 p.m. unless otherwise noted
- Gray Stone Day at Chatham Central - moved from Friday to Wednesday.
- Jordan-Matthews at Northwood - moved from Saturday to Monday.
- Pinecrest at Richmond - moved from Friday to Monday.
- Douglas Byrd at Union Pines - moved from Friday to Feb. 4.
- South Davidson at North Moore - moved from Friday to Feb. 6.
- O'Neal at Village Christian - moved from Thursday to Feb. 4.
- Harnett Central at Southeast Raleigh - moved from Friday to Feb. 14.
- Triton at North Lenoir - moved from Friday to Monday. The girls varsity game starts at 6:30 p.m.