A home in the Carthage Colonies neighborhood off Carthage Road was gutted by fire this morning.

The fire was reported at 11:03 a.m. in the two-story house at 201 Tucker House Court, at the corner of Chownings Drive, according to Ken Cotten, deputy fire chief of the Sanford Fire Department.

The home is owned by Nadia Ingram, according to Lee County tax records.

The house was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived, Cotten said. The smoke could be seen from several miles outside Sanford.

Heat from the flames blistered the vinyl siding extensively on a house next door and on a house behind the Tucker Court resident.

No one was in the home when firefighters arrived, Cotten said.