HURRICANE FLORENCE CLOSURES AND CANCELLATIONS
As the region deals with the effects of Hurricane Florence, many businesses, government offices and special events have announced closures and cancellations.
• Courthouses in Lee, Harnett and Moore counties are closed. Court sessions in Chatham County are canceled, but the clerk's office and courthouse are open Friday.
• Lee County Schools canceled classes Thursday and Friday. School officials have not addressed classes for Monday.
• Lee County Parks & Recreation activities and facility rentals are canceled until further notice. Staff must evaluate all parks facilities prior to resuming regular activities and facility rentals following the storm
• County services located at the Buggy Building closed Thursday and Friday.
• Lee County Enrichment Center programs including Congregate Meals, Home Delivered Meals and Fitness programs are canceled Friday. Saturday Night Dance is canceled Saturday.
• COLTS service stopped operations at noon Thursday and will remain closed on Friday and Saturday.
• The 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Friday shows at the Temple Theatre are canceled. Shows over the weekend will be decided "after we see what Florence has to say," according to their Facebook page.
Lee County Government has established an information update line to provide recorded updates on the status of Hurricane Florence and associated impacts in Lee County. The LCG Storm and Operations Update Line number is 919-718-4686 with updates provided daily at 9 a.m., 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. for the duration of time that the Lee County State of Emergency Declaration remains in effect.