LILLINGTON — A student at Western Harnett High School who became nauseous after using a vape pen is doing well, according to the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office.

The incident happened Monday, a Sheriff’s Office release said.

Once the student became ill, she was checked out by the emergency responders and was taken home by her mother.

“As the day progressed, rumors developed that multiple students had overdosed and that one had even died,” the release said.

“The Harnett County Sheriff’s Office would like the public to know that the information circulating on social media is false.”